Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Friends behind the info desk

My favorite thing about working behind the Coates Information Desk is having friends come visit me. They have been some of my favorite moments at Trinity, from the random dance parties to the interesting conversations we have had amidst the hustle and bustle of Trinity life. However, this semester has been quite different, my hours are at odd time and often I am sitting by myself, or at a time when people aren't walking by. This is the case lately, especially with all the Greek buzz on campus. I am rushing and this week has been silence, also known as the hardest thing ever! I actively have to stop myself from saying hello to my friends, and because I sit behind the desk I see them more than most others. So as I sit by myself, I am either setting up meeting rooms for Greek sororities and fraternities, doing homework, or thinking about how I'm going to get a bid. Needless, to say it's been a stressful week as a result. I can't wait for it to be over. In addition, the weather had been dismal at best, causing Trinity students to be grumpier and more wet than usual, making my job harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment