Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cutting Hours


I’ve recently had to cut my hours behind the Coates desk, due to pledging. In addition, I feel myself getting more and more distracted during work. I usually do my homework, but lately one of the things I used to love about my job (having people come visit) has been distracting me from the things I need to be doing. It’s usually not as important because I could always procrastinate and do my assignments later, but that is just not the case anymore. I don’t regret my decision to cut my hours in the least because it means more time with my friends and doing things I love, but less study time. However, all it means is that I can no longer procrastinate on my assignments, and it’s helping me learn better time management. For instance, now if I’m doing homework at Coates, and someone wants to come sit with me, I make sure to let them know that I will be doing my homework. It’s all about prioritization in life, something that is best to learn sooner rather than later. The time that I cut out of my schedule was my Thursday nine to midnight shift, which was no fun anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment